Friday 26 January 2018

January scavenger hunt

It's that time of the month again when we join Hawthorn for a photo scavenger hunt so if you are interested in seeing what others have come up with head over to I live, I love, I craft, I am me 
and have a look.
I'm also joining Debbie at Breathing in Grace for
***********
Yellow
I went out one morning to see that one courgette flower was fully unfurled and shining in the sun. A lovely bright yellow. If you look closely you can see two or three others still tightly curled, they came out as the day progressed and the sun heated things up. I've since picked that one and am waiting for the others to become a decent size so we can use them. The courgettes, not the flowers.


Starts with an ... O
I was out walking one evening and saw this circular latch hole in a gate and thought it looked like an O. I know it doesn't begin with an O unless, of course, you want to call it an 'ole. Sorry, cringe :)


Light
Dark clouds threatening rain that didn't come. We've been watering our veges most nights. I loved the way the evening sun was breaking through the clouds and the silvery light it threw, but alas, it didn't come out as well as I had hoped.


Found
Walking on the beach a couple of weeks ago we 
came across a big old log. In one little cranny 
we found a mini garden growing in some sand.


Colourful
Don't you love the this colourful display of tulips.
 This photo was taken by my daughter when
 she was in Wellington a few years ago.



My choice
I was browsing through my photos a few days ago and decided to share this one as my choice. Taken on a Kobe Harbour cruise while we were in Japan for our son's wedding in 2008. 
L-R: DIL, son, middle sis, me and my GKB.




***********
I'm expecting my brother and his partner arriving in the next day or so from Australia. A week later middle sis also arrives from Aussie and then between then and March youngest sister is also arriving from Aussie so we are in for a busy time. Not sure where everyone is staying apart from my brother who will be with us. I hope to catch up with you all during this time, but we'll see what happens.
Brother's partner said they were coming over to cool down but they won't unless the temps fall dramatically, although it is just 25C at the moment and that is a vast improvement on the 40C we had a week ago.
*********** 
And that's it for this week. 
Diana


24 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos Diana. Have a fun family reunion. We have booked a house for my husband and all his siblings! September will be here before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Diana & glad you were able to join in with the busy time you seem to have ahead of you We've been eating zucchini too & watering our veg most nights, as we've had no rain of late. Our temps are supposed to be around 30+ for the next few days with 39 on Sunday. Ugh!! Love your "O" & comment, and the driftwood mini garden. Enjoy the family time & take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely find- the little garden in the log.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos, your 'Ole is excellent - love the alternative approach - nice one! The mini garden made me smile xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It has been hot down under. I enjoyed looking at all your photos and I wish you a wonderful time of visiting with all your relatives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Courgette"? Is that some kind of squash? I've never heard that term before, but it looks like a squash flower! Love the pictures...and that little mini garden in the log on the beach...that has to be my favorite just because of where it is! Have a wonderful time with all your family. Sounds like a wonderful time. Relax and enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courgettes are also known as zuchinni, you may know them by that name :)

      Delete
  7. Well I have to say that the photo I like best is the atmospheric Light pic. A moody sky. Hot no I do not do hot so I will stay here in the damp dismal UK ,oh we do have spring to look forward to though. Enjoy your family reunion ,I am sure you will .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your hunt and enjoyed all your photo's, such a nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some lovely photos. I love the little garden in a log and the 'o' shaped hole in the fence also the courgette flowers I love the way they unfurl themselves it warm weather:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed this, Diana! What fun - a scavenger hunt with photos. Amazing the "O" in the fence. Have a wonderful time with your family. I had to look up 25 degrees C and it looks like 77 F. Very nice temps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice photos and how clever, the o in the fence. I also like the little garden and always enjoy sky pics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As I've said to Susan Smith before, please find a way to send your surplus heat over here. Hawthorn and I will gladly fight over it! Great photos and your 'Ole' is wonderful. Found was such a clever find too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep telling Susan the same thing but despite being a good friend, she fails us everytime! Extra heat to be shared three ways please :)

      Lovely, lovely set of photos, if I ever overcome my fear/terror/dread/flat refusal to fly, then I would love an extended visit to NZ.

      Delete
  13. Lovely photos, I love the 'mini garden' you found!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, those tulips are gorgeous. Have a wonderful visit with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful fotos....love the little garden in the log and the tulips. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful photos and nice photo of the family. I think my favorite is the mini garden in the log as that is unusual. Have a weekend of blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely photos. I especially like the little sand garden. Very sweet.
    Hope you are having a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your sunny courgette flower reminds me that spring is on the way, even if it is a long way away! I see you have nasturtiums growing there too, another lovely flower.
    Hope you have a lovely time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your photographs especially the atmospheric clouds. I remember watching rain clouds forming in Central and South Africa. We miss them here in the UK. The mini garden was a lucky find. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful photos !
    Adore the tiny garden growing in the old log. Just makes me happy.

    cheers, parsnip and mandibles

    ReplyDelete
  21. Diana, I do so enjoy seeing all your finds. I can not choose a favorite one. Have a lovely visit with your family! xo

    Gina

    now blogging at https://littleportioncottage.com

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you