Tuesday 6 October 2015

Daybook entry for October...

I enjoyed taking part in The Simple Woman's Daybook community
way back in June so thought I would indulge myself again this month.
Back then I said I was going to make myself a hot ginger drink -
someone asked me how I made it and I have given the method at the link above.





For today July 6th 2015

Outside my window - the sun is shining and there is a warm breeze.
This a nice change as we have been experiencing 
gale force winds in the last day or so.
The street is quiet with just two kids wandering 
up the footpath with a skateboard and a backpack.
It's the school holidays - another week and they will be back
 to school until the Christmas break.

I am thinking - I should really be doing my daily reading
or sewing up that knitting I've finished.



I am listening to - easy listening radio. This is what I like,
music from the 50's, 60's and 70's is playing at the moment.

I am thankful for -  good health, I can still hear, see and get around,
so what more could I ask for?

I am wearing - red and white tee shirt, navy 3/4 pants and bare feet.

I am creating - I have just finished knitting a snood for my daughter.
I still need to sew it up and I have been putting that off,
 I find it a chore. It hasn't turned out the same as in the pattern
 but it is still okay, she's happy with it and that is the main thing.

I am going -  out for lunch with three other ladies, 
looking forward to it.



I am wondering - how I am going to sleep in this heat.
 I anticipate a lot of tossing and turning 
or sitting up reading when I should be sleeping. 
Maybe we'll turn the fan on in the bedroom, 
we don't have air conditioning through there.

I am reading - I have just finished reading
'My Sister Clare' by Sara Hylton.
I have just discovered this writer and have read
two of her books and found them very enjoyable.

I am hoping - this wind doesn't get any stronger, 
it is no longer a breeze!

In my kitchen - my good kiwi bloke has just made us a coffee
so I will take a break and join him.

In my garden - the spring flowers are getting a beating from the wind.
I've started tidying up and weeding but am pleased that some
of the plants are starting to bush out and hide the weeds, phew.


A peek into one of my days - today, lunch with the girls, 
two trips to the supermarket, 
once for a sick friend and once with Mum
 to do my own shopping and hers. 
Too hot to cook tea so tonight will be
fresh bread rolls with salad fillings :)
My GKB is easy to please.

One of my favourite things - on a hot day like this
 has turned out to be (28 C.) I love a bowl of
 fresh fruit salad and ice cream, any flavour will do.

A favourite quote - Never give up.
Never, never give up.
Never, never, never give up.
- Sir Winston Churchill.

Seems like good advice to me.

********************

7 comments:

  1. I found your post very interesting as an insight into someone else's life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer is back here Diana..84 today but that is ok, at least the humidity is low and that makes it pleasant. I love reading about other friends days...so cozy at your house!! I am out today to visit the cross stitch shop. I have had a resurgence of interest in crafting and reading. That is nice as I do a lot of that in the winter time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah spring...here we are entering fall! The picture of the salad is delicious!! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice look into your day. : ) Love seeing the daffodils.
    Lunch looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this snippet of your life, Diana! An enjoyable post. Enjoy your Spring over there. Daffodils always gladden the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana, daffodils always make me smile! Love your knitting project and your lunch looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Send the HOT tea this way! LOL I'm determined to keep the heat off until November 1st (but I'm not sure we'll get there). Here, in Maine, the cost to heat homes is expensive so I like putting it off as long as possible. It was 14 degrees C INSIDE this morning...

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you