Wednesday 8 July 2015

A grey day or two...

This week my little mother had to be at in the hospital 
for a minor outpatients op at 7:30am.
I could pick her up at 9:30am and take her home again.
My GKB came in with us, we thought we could wander the shops while we waited.
But here's nothing much open that early,
so we went down to the hospital coffee shop 
and had a cuppa while we people watched.


There's a choice of two places and we picked this one.
Very nice it is too. At the other one we had to balance on high stools
 and it was just too early in the morning for that, haha.
Then it was away to wander the shops!


Little mother had to go back this morning by 8am for a checkup.
But it snowed over night. 
Not that a lot fell here but quite a bit fell on the hill suburbs
and we had to get over two of the hills to get to the hospital.


So we rang and and said we'd be late and went in when it was daylight.
8am is in the dark, well 7:30 is when we would have been leaving.
I had hoped to go into The Octagon in the centre of town while we were there 
and get a photo of the Tardis which has landed and
 cleverly disguised it self as a police phone box.
But it was not to be, it was straight there and straight back
 because we didn't want to get stuck in town.


More snow is forecast over the next couple of days, 
so we are just going to hunker down and stay warm,
when we don't have to be out and about ;)

And for those of you who wondered about the Tardis,
it was advertising for the Gang Show by local Scouts.

And that's it from me. 
Enjoy your week, 
see you next time, 
Diana

13 comments:

  1. I do hope your Mom is doing ok. With our heat/humidity, it is hard for me to remember you are having snow. I can't blame you for getting there and back and staying safe inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow that's so strange to hear about when we are in the mist of summer time..I'd want to get home to.. hope lit mom is okay have a great week too.. with love Janice..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your day with us. I love your new title picture, and happy to hear you made it and from the hospital without any problems. Hope you day is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow!! Here in North Alabama, it shuts everything down. And we got a good bit last winter. Hope your mama is doing well after her surgery. I had to smile when I read that you had a cuppa and people watched. That is one of my favorite activities. Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...snow?? It is really strange to see snow in July!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow in July. Here in hot Florida, I would be very happy to see that. Hope your mother is doing well. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun to see winter in your July post.
    We are quite cool here too... only 100 today !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Diana; Oh, I DO remember all the care I offered for my 3 late immediate family; I admire your efforts and your mother must be appreciated. I smiled you wrote about the hospital coffee shop 'wishbone' :-) Take Care under the cold weather, I have to be careful with weariness under the muggy weather(^^;)
    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend in New Zealand, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diana, I hope your mother is on the mend. A coffee shop is the best place to pass the time. Snow! It is hard to imagine but I hope it isn't too troubling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope Your Little Mother is doing good,Diana, I like Your new header photo.Stay warm and cozy up to Your GKB. Talk to You real soon-Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Diana, by the way, Did You change Your setting for type smaller,or is My vision just getting worse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Denise, I did change my font size about a year ago but not recently. Let me know if you are still having problems and I'll go back to the old one.
      Diana

      Delete
  12. I hope your mum is doing fine now!
    Brrr that snowy weather looks really cold. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you