Tuesday 3 June 2014

Some nonsense

Today I took my friend and her cat up to the cattery. I did bring the friend home again, it's only Leo the pussycat going on holiday for a few days. I took a photo or two so here they are with Leo's commentary.


 A letter to Mum from Leo



Well Mum, I came running when you whistled, after all you also had my box of biscuits and I thought it was early tea.


It was, but little did I know it was also the 'last supper'.
I know you told me I was going on holiday 
but that was days ago and I'd forgotten.


I sat patiently while you locked all the doors,
I should have realized then that something was up.
 I thought I would escape but your friend cut me off at the pass. 
Some friend, I'm not sure about that one, 
at least the other one is nice and feeds me. 
Then you put me in that horrible little wire cage thing. 
You know I hate it, it usually means I'm going to see the man in the white coat who does unmentionable things to me!
I didn't mind the ride in the car but then we pulled up here!



Puleeze. This is the wop wops! 
Where are the houses, the people, the cars?
Where is civilisation? 
Worse was to come, Mum.
You took me out of the car, cage and all, 
and took me inside where we were met by a very nice lady.
She told me what a beautiful boy I am 
and was really buttering me up.
But then she put me in a room, all by myself. 
I've got two beds all to myself and some very nice furniture 
with an outside area all of my own.
But where is the television, the computer?
Who's going to cuddle me tonight?
You left me here. Here! Alone!


This is me giving you the cold shoulder 
and just in case you can't tell, 
my tail is swishing madly from side to side. 
I hope this is not a permanent arrangement, Mum.
I expect to see you back here at your earliest convenience to take me home again.

love (I think),
 from Leo
your devoted companion.
Smooch smooch
***********************

I hope you've enjoyed this little bit of nonsense.
Leo is only on holiday for about a week while his mother takes a trip to the hospital.

Have a great week,
Diana

8 comments:

  1. Great cat thoughts! Most of us that live with cats have these unspoken conversations in our head at all times. Sometimes I think cats are able to speak to us very well with their thoughts. Most will say that it's us that put these words into the cat's mouth... but I don't know... seems more like a bit of mental telepathy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -chcukle- oh Diana, what sweet penmanship!
    Cat Camp! and I agree with Leo, why are they all so out-of-the-way?? Would make any self respecting puddycat mighty suspicious!
    Oh and did I say how much I love that header image?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow; what a writer you are(^_^)v I SO LOVED the last paragraph♡♡♡ Cold shoulder and tail swishing phrase is cute with the picture. Haha, this post is no nonsense!!!
    We had a couple of unusually hot days; I hope it didn't get cold much in your place, dearest Diana.

    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely bit of whimsy. You have a very good understanding of cats. The chattery looks like a nice place. I'm sure Leo will settle in just fine. Hope his mum does well at her hospital visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, Leo writes so well.
    I hope the week goes by fast for Leo and his Mum.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diana! Oh, this was cute and I wish the best for his Mum.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT!! I'm sure that was exactly what was happening!! Thank you so much for visiting me and for your encouragement over these last months! No I have not been able to find out what that plant is. It's pretty, though, isn't it!!?? Joan

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you