Monday 28 April 2014

Three little kittens

Our stray mother cat (from last year) has been back and has brought a trio of pretty kittens with her. While our Claude was out and about she went into the neighbours' wood shed and took over his nest. 


Our old fellow, Claude

We know this because the neighbour told us that Claude had walked into their lounge, found a sheepskin covered arm chair and made himself at home for an hour. This became a habit (it's just as well we have accommodating neighbours) so they decided to investigate and found the mama cat with her babies. 


kitty #1

kitty #2 aka Fluffybum
After a couple of weeks she brought them out to play in the sun and eventually they were wandering over to our place and helping themselves to Claude's food and water. He didn't mind for a start but when they got bigger he wasn't quite so tolerant and began to box their ears.


third wee kitten, I'm camouflaged - you can't see me
Two of them were quite bold but the third was a timid wee thing and it took a long time for her to come with them. She had a sore eye and I don't think she could see as well as the other two.

Eventually I had the job of catching them and taking them to the SPCA. One got away in the house and I finally caught up with her her in the bathroom. She was a cutie.


I'm hiding and you can't see me
The fluffy kitten was taken on by a neighbour so that left only the third wee girl to catch. Not an easy task. But I did it and took them on a journey so they could be vaccinated, desexed and re-homed

Fluffybum and kitty #1 waiting for Claude to finish eating

I now have the mama cat giving me the evil eye from over the fence!



Till next time,
 Diana

5 comments:

  1. Oh My; Dearest Dina!
    What a LOVELY post with sweet pictures of kittens♡♡♡ And your old fellow, Claude look so relaxing:-) If only my husband approves me to have one, I wish I had a sweet cat for a change. When I was before 30, we had a dog after I gave up fertility treatment. He doesn't wan't to see me in a grief again p;)

    Sending lots of love and hugs from Japan to my dear friend in New Zealand, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stoical chap your Claude is, Diana! And well, you know how much of a kitten person I am, so this was a lovely 'aaaaaaahhh' moment start to the day.

    Hope you and yours are all well and happy! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Diana! Oh what cute little fuzzy faces and aren't you the kind one to take them to get their shots and fixed! How nice your neighbor is too. Two kitty loving ladies! :) Hope all is well in your world and thank you for popping in to see my little family.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little kittens look just like the litter of four running around my daughter's house these days. Such sweet little animals to love and cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diana ! Thanks for the visit and such kind words.Stray cats and dogs touch My heart, but stray kittens and puppies are almost impossible to resist.The last photo is perfect-all lined up.Darling !

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you